Regarding Article Stricter Rules Can Steer Kids Away From TV
I do not want my child to be one of those that spends all day inside watching TV. I have to admit that I do let her watch a little bit of TV. I am trying to be careful as far as how much I allow her to watch. Once she shows signs of losing interest, I turn it off. However, there have been days (when I am exhausted) that I do leave the TV on longer than I should. The hardest part is to pull myself and my husband away from the TV. It is of course easier on nice days when we can get out and walk or play in the back yard, but once it gets cold again or is raining out, it will be much harder. Now is probably a good time anyway for my husband and I to sit down and set some limits for the whole family before TV and computer use becomes a problem.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I find that saying randomly and indefinitely, "Let's take a break from watching movies" works. It seems to create a non-routine. Usually if we watch a movie a couple days in a row, then a couple days without any t.v. is just fine too. Kinda like cleansing the mental palate.
Post a Comment